Re: [htdig] What's version of ispell I must possess ??

Subject: Re: [htdig] What's version of ispell I must possess ??
From: Torsten Neuer (
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 08:46:50 PDT

Marco Pinna wrote:
> Hi I'm Marco.
> I have the ispell 3.1.20-25 with appropriate dictionary. But I can't see the
> [language].0 files, instead of these I find the [language].hash files.
> What' version of ispell dictionary have the .0 files or how I can build the
> .0 files?

Ht://Dig does not use the same files ispell uses. Ispell keeps its
dictionaries in hash files to speed up lookups. Ht://Dig does some-
thing similar, only that it creates 2 databases (root2word/word2root).

You need the sources for the ispell dictionaries, which are normally
kept in multiple files, and catenate, sort, uniq them into the dot.0
type files ht://dig uses as input to create its databases.

You find sources for ispell dictionaries in your source distribution
if ispell and at

E-Mail:            Internet: