Re: [htdig] Using a different program for digging

Subject: Re: [htdig] Using a different program for digging
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 06:30:57 PDT

Luis Henrique Cassis Fagundes wrote:

> (we publish about 1000 articles a day). Another problem is that we don't
> want to index words that are in the page but not in the article.

This is no problem, since Ht://Dig allows to select partial content of a
page to be indexed. For more information, refer to
        http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#noindex_end
        http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#noindex_start

> I'm convinced that digging the database instead of digging pages is not
> a good idea. Now I'm looking for a way to make htdig search pages in one
> address, but index as it were in another address, indexing the way I
> need.

If all that you want to do is indexing text that is stored in an SQL
database and retrieve articles based upon this index, I'd rather create
some additional relations which serve this purpose.

cheers,

  Torsten