Re: [htdig] external_parsers: ignored

Subject: Re: [htdig] external_parsers: ignored
From: Klaus Gröger (kg@abacom.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 03:47:43 PDT

Hallo! Gilles Detillieux hat geschrieben:
> The bare "5" argument will cause htdig to stop scanning for options,
> so it won't see the -c option. If /etc/htdig/htdig.conf is not your
> compiled-in default config file name, then it won't be reading that
> file. Changing the -v 5 to -vvvvv would be the first thing to try.

OK, done that, nothing different happend (yes, I see more output :)

I have called htdig without any parameters except -i.
Htdig parses my .html documents, put still says:

PDF::parse: cannot find pdf parser /usr/local/bin/acroread

I have checked the conf-file twice, there isn't any line:

pdf_parser: ......

> README.RPMS.txt on the web site, that you installed the right one?

I run a debian linux with the newest stable packets.
The htdig packet is a part of the debian distribution.
Kernel is 2.2.14 on P166, here is uname -a

Linux hobbes 2.2.14 #1 Wed May 17 12:59:01 CEST 2000 i586 unknown

> > Did you check your config file to make sure it doesn't have
> > pdf_parser: set in it somewhere?

Yes, there isn't any line with this entry.

> external_parsers should override pdf_parser, so setting the latter
> shouldn't be a problem. Rather, it would seem htdig is not seeing the
> external_parsers setting, either because it's not reading the config
> file you think it is, or because of some sort of formatting error in
> your config file.
Sorry, I cannnot find a formatting error in my config, I have only
commented out the line with external_parsers an edited the starting url.

Maybe I should get the source an compile the packet for my own.

        klauzi

--
Klaus Groeger                   Abacom Internet GmbH
kg@abacom.net                   Konrad-Zuse-Str. 1