Re: [htdig] Still not all search hits shown

Subject: Re: [htdig] Still not all search hits shown
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 08:38:39 PDT

According to Reich, Stefan:
> the problem wasn't solved by reindexing with option -i.
> I still have the problem, but it's only happening on the site I'm using
> url_part_aliases.
> The behaviour is very strange: Search for Homepage (
> returns 700 Results,
> Page 1 shows 10, Page 2 shows some 4, Page 3 is empty as 4 and 5, 6 to 10
> show all the same two results.

These are classic symptoms of database corruption. On which platform are
you running this? Did you build ht://Dig from source yourself, or use
an RPM or other pre-compiled binary? If one of the latter, which one?
Are you running htdig, htmerge and htsearch on the same system, or moving
the databases from your indexing system to a separate searching system?
If so, are the two hardware platforms and OSes identical?

> P.S.: Restricted searches on all other URLs seem to work fine.

That seems odd too. Have you tried a different url_part_aliases setting
for the database encoding? E.g., instead of replace#1, did you try *1
as the documentation suggests? Maybe there's a problem with the "#",
although that seems like a long-shot.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: