Re: [htdig] index always scores 100

Subject: Re: [htdig] index always scores 100
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 05:48:09 PDT

At 12:37 PM -0500 9/5/00, Ted Stresen-Reuter wrote:
>I noticed in the conf comments it says that I have to run htfuzzy if using
>anything but the exact matching method. Does htfuzzy run when I run rundig?

Not usually. The default rundig script runs htfuzzy if your synonym
or endings DB need to be updated, but this only needs to be done
roughly once.

>Anyway, one thing I did discover is that I used the same keywords in about
>20 documents so there are a number of incorrect matches coming up from that
>so once I've fixed that and redug, well, perhaps this anomaly will go away.

As I said, if it doesn't go away, please send me some debugging
output and I'll take a look at what's going on. Alternatively, I
could try indexing your site myself to see if the problem is
reproducible.