Re: [htdig] index always scores 100

Subject: Re: [htdig] index always scores 100
From: Ted Stresen-Reuter (bowlofcereal@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 10:37:12 PDT

Well, I haven't changed the 3.1.5 default settings for search algorithms so
"search_algorithm: exact:1 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.1"

I noticed in the conf comments it says that I have to run htfuzzy if using
anything but the exact matching method. Does htfuzzy run when I run rundig?
Even so, I can't think of anything that the word "kraft" would be a synonym
for, except maybe "capitalist pig" JUST KIDDING!

Anyway, one thing I did discover is that I used the same keywords in about
20 documents so there are a number of incorrect matches coming up from that
so once I've fixed that and redug, well, perhaps this anomaly will go away.

Thanks to all for your help so far.

(BTW, should I be replying directly to all of you, to the list, or to all?)

Ted