Re: [htdig] index always scores 100

Subject: Re: [htdig] index always scores 100
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 07:24:50 PDT

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Ted Stresen-Reuter wrote:

> Now, all pages do link back to this index page so the backlink factor may
> influence the score, but it doesn't explain why it's finding a match for
> words that don't even appear.

Right. The backlink_factor is only applied after matches are found.
However, I wonder if there are link texts with Kraft in them pointing to
this page. (Seems strange, huh.) If you set description_factor to 0 does
that change things?

> If you want, go to and enter the
> word "kraft" as the search term and you'll see what I mean. I've tried
> deleting the databases and indexing again, but I still got the same
> results....

If you continue to have problems, could you send me the output from
running htdig -vvvv off-list (to cut down on bandwidth). I'll see if I can
find anything in that.