Re: [htdig] index always scores 100

Subject: Re: [htdig] index always scores 100
From: Ted Stresen-Reuter (bowlofcereal@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 07:15:54 PDT

I'm using 3.1.5. The page is indeed one of the smaller pages on the site.
What's really odd, though, is that if you enter a word that doesn't appear
ANYWHERE in the document (not the keywords, not the description, not the
title, nowhere in the body), it still comes up with a score of 100.

Now, all pages do link back to this index page so the backlink factor may
influence the score, but it doesn't explain why it's finding a match for
words that don't even appear.

If you want, go to http://www.chicagophilanthropy.com/search/ and enter the
word "kraft" as the search term and you'll see what I mean. I've tried
deleting the databases and indexing again, but I still got the same
results....

Thanks!

Ted