Re: [htdig] Not all search hits shown

Subject: Re: [htdig] Not all search hits shown
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 05:53:27 PDT

At 10:53 AM +0200 9/5/00, Reich, Stefan wrote:
>I do an url replacement (only for this site!) in the htdig config replacing
>ip by replace#1 and in htsearch config replace#1 by fqdn.
>Nevertheless, there are some search results from the suspicious site shown.

In answer to the later question about "what can happen in an update,"
it depends.

If you've modified the url_part_aliases attribute and then run an
update run, it's not going to re-code the URLs that are already in
the database. And IIRC, htsearch doesn't look for alternative
encodings. So only new URLs will come up in searches.

Once you've re-run with -i, all URLs are now properly encoded with
the new url_part_aliases setting and things should work fine. Updates
after this point should also work fine.

I'm classifying this as a bug report and I'll see what I can do with
htsearch. However, it won't be able to guess different encodings, so
it will only help if you add in a new encoding (v. changing an old
one).