Re: [htdig] Digging problem, probably css-related?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Digging problem, probably css-related?
From: Thomas Rother (
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 08:57:54 PDT

"J. op den Brouw" wrote:

> > "text/css" not a recognized type. Assuming text
> > size = 943
> Htdig doesn't know what type text/css is. That is, it has no
> parser associated with it.
> By default it assumes text. If this is bad behaviour, it
> should be fixed.

What really makes me crazy is the fact that I have

exclude_urls: /cgi-bin/ .cgi .css /css/ .htaccess suchdb/ Msgs mh.rsc
suck htdig mhonarc

but still the css is parsed! Does that mean I need to add an extra
"external_parsers" statement, just for css? Hm, doesn't make sens,
And what parser would then be appropriate? /usr/bin/less ;-)?

The external parsers line has:

external_parsers: application/rtf->text/html
/usr/local/scripts/ \
/usr/local/scripts/ \
/usr/local/scripts/ \
/usr/local/scripts/ \
/usr/local/scripts/ \

The html has the following code:

<base target="main_win">
<link href="css/gaia.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<title>GAIA WEB INTERN Titelseite</title>

Does a simple css link really kill the htdig?

Thomas M. ROTHER  -- 73728 Esslingen -- EU/Germany -
Public PGP Key auf