[htdig] Including Pull-Down Menu Pages

Subject: [htdig] Including Pull-Down Menu Pages
From: Douglas Kline (kline@head-cfa.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 14:25:06 PDT

Greetings!

I am writing for help with including Web pages in the search engine database
which are accessed through pull-down menus. We have a line like

<!--#include virtual="menu.html"-->

in a Web page which the search engine reaches (the top-level, actually). This
line allows a pull-down menu of hyper-links with the contents of the file
menu.html which you can then select. Pulling down the menu does not change the
Web page; pulling it down and selecting a link does. The file menu.html is not
called as a Web page; the files which are listed in it are not the targets of
hyperlinks in files which are called as Web pages. We want those files to be
indexed by the search engine. Currently they aren't. We find this pull-down
menu feature quite useful and therefore hope we don't have to put direct links
to the files in the menu in Web pages which the search engine currently finds.
Is there some way to get the so-accessed files to be indexed? We are running
ht-Dig version 3.1.1. TIA.

Douglas Kline

========
Douglas Kline