Re: [htdig] CVS options (was Mirror Sites and Rsync)

Subject: Re: [htdig] CVS options (was Mirror Sites and Rsync)
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 11:16:22 PDT

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Andrew Scherpbier wrote:

> I generally set the CVSROOT environment variable to whatever was after the
> '-d' option as in:
> [snip]

It's also good to point out that once the directories are created, they
keep track of their CVSROOT.

> The CVS manual has more information about tags and other things you can do
> with them, but generally you won't need to. (At work we use the tag moving
> operations quite a bit to save on having to merge branches... It actually
> works pretty well.)

For more information on CVS, of course we have further instructions and
the whole CVS manual online <http://dev.htdig.org/>

(I admit to referring to the manual for various merging options.)

You can also use cvs --help for global help or cvs -H [command] for
specific help. Not great, but better than the man pages.