RE: [htdig] Mirror Sites and Rsync

Subject: RE: [htdig] Mirror Sites and Rsync
From: Brad Handy (bhandy@jack-of-all-trades.net)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 10:17:40 PDT

True the point is moot when the people who control the hardware won't
install what you want. However, rsync CAN be set up so that it does copy on
the difference between the files (see the man page on rsync on a system
where it's installed).

Rsync is used at my alma mater. They use it to copy only the differences in
Access Databases from their satellite centers so their files can be backed
up. It works really nice.

But, that's beside the point, since the webhost won't install it.

Bradley M. Handy | Email: brad@synergysoup.com
Director of Internet Programming | Phone: (517) 371-7830
Synergy Soup Interactive | (877) 371-7830
831 N. Washington Avenue |
Lansing, MI 48906 |