RE: [htdig] Mirror Sites and Rsync

Subject: RE: [htdig] Mirror Sites and Rsync
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 06:44:35 PDT

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Brad Handy wrote:

> server. Now I have found that it running on my server. So could someone
> send me the CVS instructions for mirroring the site. If I need a CVS
> account please let me know.

It's pretty easy. (Yes, I know I should make up a "mirroring" page.) To
start off, move to the directory you want the website:

cvs -d login
[type public when asked for password]
cvs -d -z6 co maindocs

This "checks out" a copy of the maindocs files with compression enabled.
This corresponds exactly to with the exception of the
/files/ directory.

To check out files and/or devdocs (for
cvs -d -z6 co files
cvs -d -z6 co devdocs

That's it. to keep them updated, change into the appropriate directory and

cvs -q update -Pd