Re: [htdig] Newlines in config (was Cannot get htdig to see

Subject: Re: [htdig] Newlines in config (was Cannot get htdig to see
From: christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 12:16:37 PDT

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
>However, if the problem that Chris had was not due to CR delimiters, and
>we now know that the extra newlines make no difference, then there must
>have been some other characters causing problems before. There weren't
>backslashes at the ends of lines before, were there?

 No, but there must have been something weird. Maybe there was a Mac
linebreak there and that screwed things up, but MacOS linebreaks usually
turn up as a '^M' in vi which didn't happen. Very strange. Anyway, the
problem has mysteriously gone away, and it seems that you are right: the
extra line break doesn't seem to matter. Sorry I lead someone on a wild
goose chase.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada