Re: [htdig] minimum_prefix_length

Subject: Re: [htdig] minimum_prefix_length
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 11:38:59 PDT

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Vincent QUERU wrote:

> Although I have set it to 1 in my htdig.conf file, I don't get any matches when
> I search for 'i*' for instance while I get answers when I search for 'is*'.
> Is there an explanation for this ?

My guess is that the query parser is throwing out 'i*' because it's 2
characters--shhorter than your minimum_word_length setting:

> Should I just leave prefix:1 in my search_algorithm line and drop the
> exact:1 ?

No. The documentation does need to be clearer on this--if you drop exact,
then the word itself will not necessarily be added to the query. So you
always want this in the search_algorithm setting.