Re: [htdig] passing a string through to htsearch results

Subject: Re: [htdig] passing a string through to htsearch results
From: Malcolm Austen (malcolm.austen@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 09:32:04 PDT

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

+ According to Malcolm Austen:
+ > I only need to pass one string through but someone will want more! Could
+ > we have, say, USER_STRING_<digit> as a hidden input field option to be
+ > passed through into search results just like restrict and exclude and
+ > available for substitution as $(USER_STRING_n)
+
+ allow_in_form: user_string_1
+
+ will take the user_string_1 input parameter, and use it to set the
+ user_string_1 config attribute and the USER_STRING_1 template variable.
+ Yes, you can define your own arbitrary input parameters, config
+ attributes and template variables in this way - you're not restricted
+ to the pre-defined ones. You can choose any name you want, e.g.
+ "header_string" or anything else you think is appropriate.

Oh, that's much too easy! 8-) I'm afraid I read too many restrictions into
what I could do with allow_in_form.

Many thanks Gilles, I can forget that problem during my weekend at a
Family History conference and eagerly anticipate having it running without
any nasty fudges soon after returning to work on Monday 8-)

regards,
        Malcolm.
+
+