Re: [htdig] Mirror Sites and Rsync

Subject: Re: [htdig] Mirror Sites and Rsync
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 08:03:34 PDT

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Brad Handy wrote:

> Is rsync set up on the ht://Dig server yet? If it is then I must have
> missed the announcements.

Here's the problem--the bandwidth for the servers is provided by
Andrew's company, Evoke Communication. While they're nice enough to host a
large amount of bandwidth for the site, rsync is a much bigger hog than
CVS. So they don't want to host rsync there.

I'm looking at possibilities for rsync hosts, but haven't turned up any
good possibilities. SourceForge, unfortunately, also does not allow it.