[htdig] Installation help for newbee

Subject: [htdig] Installation help for newbee
From: w.j.worthington@herts.ac.uk
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 07:17:41 PDT

Dear each

I have just installed the binary 'htdig-3.1.5-0glibc2.i386.rpm' on a Cobalt
Raq3 (Redhat Linux 6)

The installation and configuration documentation is UNIX oriented and I am
confused as to what to do next.

The file /usr/doc/htdig-3.1.5/CONFIG shows what I presume to be the default
configuration for this binary installion.

I need to modify the cgi and html directories (and then move the appropriate
files to public web space). (I don't really want to hack the apache .conf,
which gets written by the Raq's visual interface) Is there any way I can
change the defaults using the htdig.conf? Or can I edit
/usr/doc/htdig-3.1.5/CONFIG and expect it to work.

Best wishes, Bill

PS. I'm new to Linux.

Dr W J Worthington
Senior Associate
STRC
University of Hertfordshire
Po Box 109, Hatfield, Herts. AL10 9AB.

mailto:w.j.worthington@herts.ac.uk
Tel: +44 1707 286077 Fax: +44 1707 286079
web: http://strc.herts.ac.uk/it/it.htm