Re: [htdig] How to use meta tags

Subject: Re: [htdig] How to use meta tags
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 06:43:52 PDT

First off, *PLEASE* read:

Sending additional messages to the list is more likely to get me to
push your message tot he bottom of the queue.
(In fact, this is exactly what I did.)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Srini Sathya. wrote:

> and i tried with the following too
> keywords_meta_tag_names:ctnt

See the documentation--this is not how to use this attribute:

> the filenames which contains the meta keyword should alone be indexed. How
> should i use the meta tag for an effective search??. Pleaes guide me

Then you'll need to set all the *_factor attributes except keyword_factor
to 0. e.g
text_factor: 0

(there are quite a few attributes ending in _factor, so please look
through the whole list.)