Re: [htdig] How to use meta tags

Subject: Re: [htdig] How to use meta tags
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 15:24:56 PDT

Sorry, but I don't see what relevance Geoff's reply to Eric has to the
question you're asking. Why did you include that message in your question?

According to Srini Sathya.:

> Hi,
>
> Please can any help me out with this..
>
> Cheers
> Srini

Well, first of all, there's a big difference between a space, a hyphen, and
an underscore. Use a space between META and NAME, instead of a hyphen, and
at least htdig has a hope of seeing it as a meta tag. Use the same name
for the keyword tag in your configuration file and your HTML file, and it
will actually be able to parse the content as a keyword.

> but when i search for a keyword "search" it is displaying nearly 7 urls for
> me which contains bank but only one url has the meta-keyword "ctnt". I want
> the filenames which contains the meta keyword should alone be indexed. How
> should i use the meta tag for an effective search??. Pleaes guide me

Why should the word "search" match a keyword "ctnt" in your document, even
if htdig could parse the meta tag? They are two totally different words,
which not even fuzzy matching would be likely to treat as equivalent,
unless you built a really wierd synonyms database. I don't understand
your example.