RE: [htdig] how to start htdig

Subject: RE: [htdig] how to start htdig
From: Florez, Nestor (nflorez@merchandisingavenue.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 14:25:52 PDT

OK,

I found the htdig.conf in the htdig-3.1.5/installer directory and I copied
it to the
/opt/www/conf directory

then I run /opt/www/htdig/bin/htdig -v and got a lot of "retrieve but not
changed" messages then I run /opt/www/htdig/bin/htmerge -v and it display
some messages.

Then I ran the search.html file via my netscape browser and I got a window
displaying the following error:"Netscape unabvle to find the file or
directory named '/cgi-bin/htsearch'"

I do know that this file is in the cgi-bin directory. and the directory is
set to a permission of 775.

Any ideas? Now remember I am new at this. do I have to do something
special to the /opt/www/cgi-bin directory for it to be able to run? Could
this be the problem?