Re: [htdig] Local Director

Subject: Re: [htdig] Local Director
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 09:53:08 PDT

According to Eric Maquiling:
> Today, The Esteemed Gilles Detillieux gathered electrons and wrote:
> > yourself to .html and .txt, and a few other file extensions itemized
> > in http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#local_urls.
>
> Thanks. Sorry for the confusion, I was typing out of whack this morning
> and I do have the colons placed correctly
>
> This actually, was at some time working but the web group kept postponing
> so I forgot what I did with the config file.
>
> Anyway, what CHANGED with the server is that:
> a.) we were running Linux/apache with redirections to NT box for
> jsp
> b.) now, we are running the same box with Linux/Apache/Tomcat for
> the .jsp files
>
> So doing a ./rundig -vvv gets me an error:
>
> "tried local file /home/apache/htdocs/index.html not found"
>
> Of couse, I don't have any (not me but the web guys), don't have and
> index.html but index.jsp.
>
> So I'm guessing there is a way to specify to search other than index.html?

Well, you could add index.jsp to local_default_doc, but htdig won't
use .jsp files from the local filesystem. Why? Because .jsp files
are supposed to be server-parsed. If you really want to index .jsp
files without any server parsing, then you can edit the code in
htdig/Document.cc, to get Document::RetrieveLocal() to accept .jsp
extensions and assign them the appropriate content-type. You may use an
external converter to do some preliminary work on the files before they
get parsed, or if they're HTML-like enough on their own, just assign
them a content-type of text/html.

If you want the .jsp files to be server-parsed after all, you'll need
either to go through a proxy server, or index them using the IP address
you can use internally, and use two different url_part_aliases settings
for digging and searching to remap the host names in URLs.