Re: [htdig] Indexing a list of sites -- catching failures

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing a list of sites -- catching failures
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 07:52:32 PDT

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca wrote:

> >> Some sites seem to cause htdig to fail. When this happens, htdig doesn't
> >> continue on with the rest of the list -- it simply skips to the next step
> >> in rundig. This means that I have to do some careful adding and substracting
> >> to the list of sites before I figure out what caused the index to fail.
>
> I've had a similar problem. I have a list of around 90 servers, and if
> one of them times out (or in this case not time out and fail to connect),

OK, I'd really like to get to the bottom of this since TCP in general is
such a mess.

If anyone is having problems along these lines, please send a message to
me off-list and I'll see what I can do to help. Please make sure you're
running version 3.1.5 since this includes fixes to the TCP code. Also
please include information about your installation (compiled or package)
and your OS (and version).

Thanks,