Re: [htdig] problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] problem
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 09:21:18 PDT

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Dean Limbaugh wrote:

> This weekend I moved my webserver running htdig, from it's own server to a
> Ip based virutal server on another machine. THe web site still retains its
> old ip address and name. Everying htis is working fine, except htdig.
> Whenever I try to do a search for anything, I get the same results. "No
> matches found for ' ' ". It just doesn't seem to get the search words that
> are passed to it, it always seems to get nothing. ANy Ideas?

Are these both running the same platform (OS and chip)? You cannot easily
move the binary databases across platforms for a variety of reasons.

Failing that, can you run htsearch from the command line? If so, does it
return results there? If so, you should check through your search form and
webserver setup.