Re: [htdig] Local Director

Subject: Re: [htdig] Local Director
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 08:09:24 PDT

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Eric Maquiling wrote:

> I have in my config:
> local_urls_only true
> start_url 192.168.10.XX
> local_url http://192.168.10.XX=/home/apache/htdocs

I assume you meant to include the colons between the attribute name and
the setting.

> Okay, indexing works but hitting the site from the "outside", I get this
> in the ouput:
> search_words
> http://192.168.10.XX/directory/search_words

Sure. If you want to change the URL, you need to look at url_part_aliases:

Set up a config for both your indexing and searching. In the former, set
it to translate 192.168.10.XX and in the latter, set it to or whatever.

> local_urls_only true
> start_url
> local_url = /home/apache/htdocs
> I cannot index because it cannot do an http connection from within the
> Exodus facility.

You are either:
a) Not running 3.1.5, which introduces the local_urls_only attribute.
b) Not specifying the attributes correctly (see my above comment about

With local_urls_only, it *will not* make any HTTP connections whatsoever.