Re: [htdig] some directories not indexed, another dig barfs

Subject: Re: [htdig] some directories not indexed, another dig barfs
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 09:35:27 PDT

Stephen L Arnold wrote:

> Howdy:
>
> 1) I'm trying to index a bunch of word docs, which worked fine last
> time, and html content in separate databases. The html dig goes
> fine, but the word doc dig barfs with the db error. It worked fine
> before I updated the word doc tree; I'm thinking it might be a
> permissions problem (I can't check that machine now, as it's at
> work). What do the permissions need to be in the content tree?

If the web server can access the doc tree, then Ht://Dig should be
fine with that, too. I'd rather check the version of the doc files.
Your external parser might barf on them (cause can either be docs
that have been stored with the quick-save option or the word version
number used to create the files not being supported by the external
parser used to munch the docs).

hth,
  Torsten