Re: [htdig] Full Document not Indexing.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Full Document not Indexing.
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 12:37:48 PDT

According to Karen Reardon:
> I am running HtDig from an AIX box, works fine. I have added in a link (in
> my .conf file) to a second server that is an IIS box, sees the server fine.
> On the IIS box the pages are Active Server Pages generated from a SQL
> database. One of these pages is larger than the rest and is not indexing
> totally. (I can search on titles in the beginning of the list, but not in
> the end. On pages that are smaller, I can search the entire page.)
>
> I think I need to change either the max_head_length parameter or the
> max_doc_size parameter. I think max_doc_size the correct one. Right now
> max_head_length is 100000, there is no entry for max_doc_size, so that
> would be the default of 100000.
>
> Can someone confirm that I am on the right track? thanks.

Yes, max_doc_size is the correct parameter.
See http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q5.1

However, the fact that it's not in your .conf file already leads me to
wonder if you're running, or at least started out with, an older version.
Current release is 3.1.5. If you're running something older, I recommend
upgrading.

See http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q2.1
and http://www.htdig.org/RELEASE.html