[htdig] segfaults under freebsd

Subject: [htdig] segfaults under freebsd
From: Nathaniel Irons (irons@espresso.hampshire.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 07:31:11 PDT

I've been seeing a lot of segfaults recently. I've been assuming that
they're a consequence of my frequently running out of disk space during
the merge (a condition my simpleminded admin scripts are not yet
sufficiently savvy to anticipate) and rebuilding the database whenever
it falls down, but in anticipation of moving to a new server, I stopped
updating the database altogether a few days ago, and yet today my users
report that it's freaking out again.

Curiously, it only fails with certain search terms. "visual window"
causes a core dump, but "scandariato window" or "damn" or a variety of
searches resulting in no matches found seem to work okay.

  http://bumppo.net/search/realbasic.html

I'm running 3.1.5 on FreeBSD 2.2.7 (yes, very old, one reason I'm
moving). Please let me know if I can provide any useful elaboration.

  -nat