Re: [htdig] use_meta_description appears to fail

Subject: Re: [htdig] use_meta_description appears to fail
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 09:41:56 PDT

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Ted Stresen-Reuter wrote:

> Does anyone have a Perl verion of this script? That would solve (almost) all
> of my problems.

It could be rewritten in Perl fairly easily. Since I remember from your
example that you're hoping to call this through a browser, I'll point you
at the ConfigDig interface <http://configdig.sourceforge.net/> which can
allow you to change your configuration, index, etc. all through the
browser. (With proper installation and permissions.)

> Aside: It occurred to me too that I wasn't using the latest version and
> that's why I included the version number in the results page. Sorry for the
> bandwidth waste. I'll let you know Mindspring's response as soon as I hear
> it...

Thanks Gilles, I should have known better! I don't know that I'd hold my
breath on Mindspring--this has come up MANY times and they just don't seem
to understand. If they do, great. Otherwise, you may want to take a look
at the list of ISPs who offer ht://Dig. <http://www.htdig.org/isp.html>