Re: [htdig] use_meta_description appears to fail

Subject: Re: [htdig] use_meta_description appears to fail
From: Ted Stresen-Reuter (bowlofcereal@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 09:22:26 PDT

I hear you, I hear you! I just finished sending an email to Mindspring tech
support that took me TWO hours to compose pleading and begging with them to
make 3.1.5 the default version installed through their system.

In there defense, the tech support people were about as helpful as can be
expected in helping me install version 3.1.5. However, the rundig that gets
installed with 3.1.5 appears to be a shell script and since I don't have
shell access, I would have to bother them every time I want to reindex my
site.

Does anyone have a Perl verion of this script? That would solve (almost) all
of my problems.

Aside: It occurred to me too that I wasn't using the latest version and
that's why I included the version number in the results page. Sorry for the
bandwidth waste. I'll let you know Mindspring's response as soon as I hear
it...

Ted