Re: [htdig] use_meta_description appears to fail

Subject: Re: [htdig] use_meta_description appears to fail
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 08:50:16 PDT

According to Ted Stresen-Reuter:
> Thanks for the thoughts... See my replies below, but if you want a quick
> glance go to and enter
> "people" or "grantmakers" and you'll see some of the things I'm talking
> about.

According to your search results page, you're using version 3.0.8b2,
which is absolutely ancient (now over 3 years old), buggy, and has no
support for meta tags, nor for noindex_start and noindex_end. See,
this is the reason we repeatedly stress the importance of including your
software version number in any problem report.

You should upgrade to 3.1.5, which I understand would not be easy given
your lack of shell access to the server. I did a whois lookup on your
IP address. Should have known Mindspring was involved. All I can say
is good luck getting them to upgrade.

Here's what Mindspring customers are missing out on:

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: