Re: [htdig] Help wanted

Subject: Re: [htdig] Help wanted
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 15:06:32 PDT

According to Amit Bandekar:
> Hello! I work at the Office of Diversity & Equity at the San Diego State
> University (SDSU). I noticed that htdig is the search engine used on the
> SDSU homepage. However, our web address is not listed in the search engine
> because when we tried to search our webpage by putting in key words, our
> website did not pop up. Is it because we are not listed on the htdig
> database? So could you help us with listing on the htdig database or tell us
> the steps that we need to take to be listed? That would be appreciated. Our
> web address is: www.sci.sdsu.edu/ODE

You should contact the webmaster at SDSU about that. The htdig@htdig.org
mailing list is for discussing the configuration and installation of
the ht://Dig search engine software, not for site-specific requests.
There's nothing we can do here that would help you, as we don't administer
your university's site.

If it'll help, the key is to get your site listed in a page that is
indexed already, and if your site is on a separate server, to make sure
that server is included in the configuration's limit_urls_to attribute.