Re: [htdig] Problem in creating database...

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problem in creating database...
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 14:25:17 PDT

According to Srini Sathya.:
> thanks gilles for ur patience, but amazingly when i reinstall the htdig
> again and have the same configuration i am able to build the DB with lot
> more content, really i am surprised by the result. It is working fine now,
> but i cant able to get the total number of pages from the search??. Is it
> possible to get the total number of pages from the search. I tried not
> including the tframe.htm also in the old configuration file but still it is
> giving me the old output. I am totally surprised as where i am going
> wrong??. Anyway i have rebuild the htdig and db is workign fine now, please
> suggest me some workaround for the total number of pages please..

I don't understand what you mean by "get the total number of pages".
Could you explain this more clearly? Are you using the same configuration
file for digging and searching, or is the search trying to use a different
database? If you got htdig to index your files correctly, as you seem to
be saying when you say it's working fine, then you should be able to find
any of the files in the index when using the same configuration file for
the search. You should also try htsearch from the command line before
trying it from the web server, just to rule out any potential CGI-related
problems.