Re: [htdig] several virtual hosts (apache) - one htdig

Subject: Re: [htdig] several virtual hosts (apache) - one htdig
From: Anthony Peacock (a.peacock@chime.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 06:55:18 PDT

Hi,

> I have several virtual hosts running under apache and don't feel like
> compiling & installing a separate htdig for each of them. I'd rather
> have one htdig installation (containing the htdig/bin directory) that
> can be shared by the virtual servers, each virtual host providing its
> own htdig.conf, db-dir and common-dir. Don't see any problem so far,
> some db-settings in htdig.conf would have to be changed for every server
> according to the htdig-FAQ.
>
> As far as I understand htsearch, the binary contains absolute paths -
> correct ? Or can I simply copy the htsearch binary to the corresponding
> /cgi-bin/ dir and fire up the search ?

This is exactly the set up I use for my virtual servers.

You can pass a parameter to htsearch that specifies the config file to use.
Using this you can have a config file, database, and wrapper.html files for
each virtiual server.

It works well in my case.

---
Anthony Peacock
"Some days it is just not worth gnawing through the restraints."