Re: [htdig] result pages

Subject: Re: [htdig] result pages
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 08:30:16 PDT

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> At 4:26 PM -0700 8/17/00, Joe Bassi wrote:
> >I am using htdig on my site and it works great. I wanted to know
> >does the result pages only go up to 10. Because when I get results
> >more than 10 pages, I can't view pages 11, 12, ..... I have to enter
> >the page numbers manually in the url to view page results greater
> >than 10.
> You can always use the "Next" and "Previous" links to address pages
> that are not in the page list.

Uhm, no, that was the behaviour before 3.1.4, which we changed after
a fair bit of discussion about it. I'm now regretting that change,
because of all the hassles it led to. In 3.2.0b3, there will two
related attributes, maximum_pages (to impose a hard limit on pages),
and maximum_page_buttons (to limit the buttons to less than the number
of pages allowed).

> I'll point you to: <>
> and rather than rewrite an excellent message by Gilles:
> <>
> (part of a recent thread on this).

Time to add this to the FAQ, I think.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: