Re: [htdig] converter

Subject: Re: [htdig] converter
From: Sven Haberer (
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 05:48:11 PDT

> > Hallo,
> >
> > does anybody know a converter for MS powerpoint anc MS excel documents
> > or some other trick to index this document types.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Herbert Hölzlwimmer
> David J Adams wrote:
> Recent versions of the catdoc MS Word to text converter come with a
> for converting MS excel files into .CSV files which should do what you
> I too would like to know of a MS powerpoint converter for Unix.

just having gone through the same problem, I used xlHtml to index Excel
files. For this I had to change the parse_doc file, it can be found together
with the instructions at the adress below:

xlHtml also has an option to convert MS powerpoint, but I did not take a
look at this.

Hope that helps,

List archives: <>
FAQ: <>