[htdig] dig problems and PDF parsers

Subject: [htdig] dig problems and PDF parsers
From: Stephen L Arnold (arnold@ensco.cncoffice.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 17:00:08 PDT

Okay:

It's been a while since I built htdig (so maybe I forgot to do something important) and I'm having problems with the dig/merge. I get:

DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified

I checked the archives for the above, but I didn't find anything helpful.

I have two separate databases, one for html and misc. content, and one for M$Word documents. I have different config/search files and database dirs, and everything worked fine the last time. Now the second one won't build the database (it barfs right away with the above error) after the first one builds just fine.

I thought I would get tricky this time, and edit the configure.in file (before rebuilding the htdig binaries) to comment out the acroread setting (since it always gives an error). I have the conv_doc.pl file set to use catdoc, pdftotext, and ps2ascii (just the defaults) but I still get errors when digging pdf files.

I'm all hosed up; could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, Steve Arnold