[htdig] Re: that is right htsearch does not stand the CGI standart

Subject: [htdig] Re: that is right htsearch does not stand the CGI standart
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 10:22:36 PDT

Please don't e-mail me directly with htdig questions. They should go to
the htdig@htdig.org mailing list.

According to Roman Gavirilov:
> I installed htdig and having the same problem.
> and of course my web server ("Apache_1.3.12") running well.
> The problem is in htsearch that the first STDOUT is not HTML header.
> I don't know whether it should first take header from some where or not
> and because of the fact that it is fails
> to find it, it prompts with search string. But on my box from the shell
> it works correctly however from
> web it is not.
>
> So excuse me but Server configuration problems it is nonsense i running
> CGI and mod_perl and what ever i need very well.

htsearch does output the headers required by the CGI standard, so if
you're getting server errors, you should check the server error logs to
see what the problem is. Unless your server is expecting non-parsed
headers, which shouldn't be the case with Apache, the only required
HTTP header is "Content-Type: text/html", which htsearch will output
before any HTML code, unless something is causing it to crash before
it gets to that point.

Also have a look at the following FAQ entries:

http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q3.6
http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q5.7
http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q5.13
http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q5.14