Subject: ANNOUNCE: xpdf 0.91 - a PDF viewer for X
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 23:36:42 PDT
I've just released a new version of xpdf, my Portable Document Format
(PDF) viewer for X.
Xpdf runs under the X Window System on Unix, VMS, and OS/2. The non-X
components of the package (pdftops, pdftotext, etc.) also run on Win32
* Added TrueType font rendering, using FreeType.
* Support for (some) Chinese fonts.
* Decryption code is included with the main distribution (now that the
US export regulations are a little bit less irrational).
* Added (very basic) support for generating PostScript with Japanese
* Added support for generating EPS files (pdftops -eps).
* Much-improved image filtering in xpdf.
* Implemented a basic full-screen (presentation) mode (xpdf
See the `CHANGES' file for a complete list.
Source (C++ and C) is available, and it should be fairly easy to
compile for UNIX, VMS, OS/2, and Win32.
More information, source code, and precompiled binaries are on the
xpdf web page and ftp site:
Source and Linux binaries are on sunsite.unc.edu, currently in
the incoming directory, but they will be moved to:
--- end forwarded message from email@example.com ---
-- Gilles R. Detillieux E-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Spinal Cord Research Centre WWW: http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil Dept. Physiology, U. of Manitoba Phone: (204)789-3766 Winnipeg, MB R3E 3J7 (Canada) Fax: (204)789-3930
------------------------------------ To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to email@example.com You will receive a message to confirm this. List archives: <http://www.htdig.org/mail/menu.html> FAQ: <http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html>
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Mon Aug 14 2000 - 23:45:58 PDT