Re: [htdig] Sorting Option

Subject: Re: [htdig] Sorting Option
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 06:28:56 PDT

At 10:43 AM +0200 8/15/00, Reich, Stefan wrote:
>First: Is there any way to sort the search results by the different fields,
>e.g. sort by name, givenname or street?

Not really. You can set the sort to Title, which might help.
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#sort>
You could certainly hack the code in Displa.cc and make your own
sorting comparison to sort by other methods.

>Second: Is there any way to get the result list formatted in a nice way?
>Even if I add a meta description, I can see no option of how to format the
>output, because htdig strips off any HTML markup.

Again, not really. Again, you could hack the code in Display.cc to
format as you wanted. But you can't easily put markup into the
excerpt displayed in the results. (There are many reasons it strips
off the markup, not the least of which is to save space.)