[htdig] Apache errors on keyword search

Subject: [htdig] Apache errors on keyword search
From: Tony Crockford (tonyc@boldfish.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 07:54:13 PDT

Hi all

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this oddity.

I've set up htdig to add hidden keywords to a users search using the
<input type=hidden name=keywords value=""> option on the htsearch form which
also presets the search parameters for a *simple* search.

The list of keywords is space separated.

All seems okay until someone enters less than two characters at this point
Apache returns a premature end of script error.

Obviously I have missed some pertinent point, but can't find anything to
help in the documentation.

Help anyone?

Here's my html:

<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch">
<input type=hidden name=method value=all>
<input type=hidden name=format value=builtin-long>
<input type=hidden name=sort value=score>
<input type=hidden name=config value=htdig>
<input type=hidden name=restrict value="">
<input type=hidden name=exclude value="/hall2/">
<input type=hidden name=keywords value="?Region[-6]? ?Town_name[-4]?
?Activity[-2]? ?Sub_activity?">
<input type="text" size="22" name="words" value="">
<input type="submit" value="Search">
</form>

Thanks in adavnce

Tony