Re: [htdig] premature merging

Subject: Re: [htdig] premature merging
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 11:44:55 PDT

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 campbel@pc177.cisti.nrc.ca wrote:

> syntax in the config files so I know that it isn't that. I'm not sure
> if it makes a difference but these start URL's all contain /cgi-bin/ and the

I'd make sure you've set the exclude_urls appropriately. Remember that the
default is to exclude cgi-bin.

> documents which are also using CGI. I'm just not sure why it
> successfully digs part of the list and then stops digging to
> merge. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a technical point: htdig won't stop digging to merge. I assume
you're referring to the 'rundig' script, which calls htdig and then
htmerge, which are separate programs. The htmerge program will not be
called until htdig finishes up. So one way to get more information on this
is to run htdig by itself and add the -vvvv flag for more debugging
information.