Re: [htdig] Htdig not displaying results more than 9 pages

Subject: Re: [htdig] Htdig not displaying results more than 9 pages
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 09:47:14 PDT

According to Srini Sathya.:
> okay, how abt if no value set to the maximum_limit, then the default value
> for the maximum_limit is having some 10,0000 instead of 10, becoz there
> would be few people who will not set this attribute and will result in
> getting only the first 10 pages, just my 2 cents abt htdig.

The current default for maximum_pages is 10 because the ht://Dig package
comes with 10 images, with numbers 1 through 10, for use as page list
buttons. If we increased the limit, we'd have to field a whole lot more
questions from users irate because only the first 10 buttons are graphics,
and the rest are text. The default is the way it is for good reason.
If you don't like it, change it! The same goes for any config attribute.
That's why they're settable. We can't please everyone, and we're not
about to try. Just my 2 cents.