Re: [htdig] ./configure error

Subject: Re: [htdig] ./configure error
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 07:40:58 PDT

At 10:17 AM -0400 8/11/00, Will Tso wrote:
>Hi,
> I'm trying to install ht://Dig on a SGI Origin 2000 server
>running Irix 6.5. Attached below it the errors which appears when I
>try use the "./configure" command.

As Jesse just mentioned, you do not have a working C compiler. The
configure script tries to be as verbose as possible when explaining
what went wrong as well--you can see that it says that your "C
compiler cannot create executables." You will need a working C/C++
compiler (usually these come together now) to compile ht://Dig.