Re: [htdig] Reasons for selecting a page.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Reasons for selecting a page.
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 07:36:46 PDT

At 11:37 AM +0100 8/11/00, Fergus Toolan wrote:
>We wondered if it is possible to extract the reasons
>that htdig returned its results.
>For example, can we get a response saying something
>like "Htdig selected this URL because it contained the words
><word list> which were also contained in the query."

No, not easily. But remember that if you're using a method=AND, then
it won't return any results that don't match all the words in the
query. The words can come in the document itself, in the META
information, or by default in the text of links pointing to a page.
You can turn off (or scale) any of these behaviors with the various
*_factor attributes, though in 3.1.x you'll generally have to rebuild
the database for the change in scoring to take effect.