[htdig] ./configure error

Subject: [htdig] ./configure error
From: Will Tso (willtso@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 07:17:54 PDT

Hi,
     I'm trying to install ht://Dig on a SGI Origin 2000 server running Irix
6.5. Attached below it the errors which appears when I try use the
"./configure" command.

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.5
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Can you give me any clues with what might be wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Will Tso
Toronto Public Library