[htdig] multiple build_select_lists on restrict

Subject: [htdig] multiple build_select_lists on restrict
From: Daniel Burn (daniel@physiol.usyd.edu.au)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 00:01:26 PDT

Hi,
        we'd like to get a number of different possible select lists using
build_select_list for restricting searchs. What we want is to be able to
select which list of restrictions we are using in an initial form, which
htsearch then uses in a search form in its header.html.

Is this possible at the moment? I can't see any way of doing it, and the docs
don't seem to mention it being possible (they also don't mention it being
impossible).

If it's not possible, can it be added to a wanted features list?

I'd imagine something like :
------
build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST1 restrict restrict_list1 2 1 2 restrict ""
restrict_list1: "http://www.gmp.usyd.edu.au/" "All Pages" \
        "http://www.gmp.usyd.edu.au/blah/" "Some subset"
build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST2 restrict restrict_list2 2 1 2 restrict ""
restrict_list2: "http://www.gmp.usyd.edu.au/" "All Pages" \
        "http://www.gmp.usyd.edu.au/fred/" "Some othersubset"

in the conf file, and in the form doing something like

<input type=hidden restrict_list=RESTRICT1>.
------
either that, or having some soert of synonyms in the config file, like:
------
option_synonym: restrict1 restrict
option_synonym: restrict2 restrict

build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST1 restrict1 restrict_list1 2 1 2 restrict1 ""
restrict_list1: "http://www.gmp.usyd.edu.au/" "All Pages" \
        "http://www.gmp.usyd.edu.au/blah/" "Some subset"
build_select_lists: RESTRICT_LIST2 restrict2 restrict_list2 2 1 2 restrict2 ""
restrict_list2: "http://www.gmp.usyd.edu.au/" "All Pages" \
        "http://www.gmp.usyd.edu.au/fred/" "Some othersubset"

so that the forms return 'restrict1', and htsearch knows that it means
'restrict'.
------
Thanks,
        Daniel Burn,