[htdig] ./configure

Subject: [htdig] ./configure
From: Will Tso (willtso@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 08:08:01 PDT

Hi,
     I downloaded the tar file and uncompressed it. I get this error:

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.5
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Sincerely,
Will Tso
TPL