Re: [htdig] PDF indexing problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] PDF indexing problem
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 13:27:02 PDT

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Justin Hopkins wrote:

> What exactly has been unsatisfactory about acroread? I'm curious to
> hear your (and anyone else's) experience to decide if I'll switch over
> to doc2html.

All I really need to say is that acroread is non-free.

But let's ignore that point for a moment and look at acroread on a
technical standpoint. It's buggy, often doesn't produce postscript when
you pass the proper flags and in version 4, it crashes fairly frequently.
Version 4 seems to be a significant step backward from version 3 for UNIX
versions.

For more info, see <http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q1.13>